The Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division is coming to town! Oh my! On May 3 – 5, 2016, the DOL WHD will be presenting its traveling three-day Prevailing Wage Seminar compliance training program just around the corner from our office at the Doubletree, Bloomington – Minneapolis South, 7800 Metro Blvd., Bloomington, MN 55439.
The seminar is intended for unions, private contractors, state agencies, federal agencies and workers and will cover the following:
- The Davis-Bacon Act and McNamara O’Hara Service Contract Act
- Executive Order 13495 “Nondisplacement of Qualified Workers”
- Executive Order 13658 “Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors”
- The process of obtaining wage determinations and adding classifications
- Compliance assistance and enforcement processes
- The process for appealing wage rates, coverage, and compliance determinations
There is no cost (except time) to attend the three-day seminar. Contractors can sign up here.