Employers (wherever located) with employees working in Minneapolis – don’t forget that the minimum wage increases today, July 1, 2019, to $11/hr for small businesses and $12.25 for large businesses.
Quick Facts – Reminders:
- Small business = 100 or fewer employees.
- Large business = more than 100 employees.
- An “employee” is someone who works at least 2 hours in Minneapolis in a workweek (even if the employer is located elsewhere).
- Tips/gratuities don’t count towards minimum wage.
- Employees under 20 may be paid 85% of minimum wage for the first 90 days of employment, but only if they are in a city-approved training and apprenticeship program.
- Next increase is July 1, 2020.