Corie can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (952)921-4615.
Corie represents, counsels, and defends employers in a full range of employment law issues and litigation. She has extensive knowledge of federal, state and local prevailing wage laws and ordinances, as well as other wage and hour laws. Having experience as an in-house paralegal and law clerk for one of the nations’ largest fishing equipment manufacturers as well as a Fortune 500 company, she has worked closely with management on union and non-union matters such as OSHA compliance, safety programs, accommodations, harassment investigations, and discipline and termination issues and understands the business side of running a company. Given her broad background, she also assists clients with non-compete agreements, contract review, negotiation of contracts, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, real estate matters, and shareholder disputes. She is also a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice.
Corie is the past Editor of the Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section Newsletter, The Labouring Oar. She is also the past Chair of the Publications and Public Relations Committee for the Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section and the Editor of the Monthly Court of Appeals Update.
- The FLSA: The Law That Almost Every Employer Is Violating, The Federal Lawyer, Vol. 60, Issue 2, March 2013
- To Friend or Not to Friend – That is the Question: Social Media Regulation in the Workplace, co-author, The Labouring Oar, Federal Bar Association Labor and Employment Section Newsletter, Winter 2012
- Top 5 Employment Law Issues to Watch for in 2012, Seaton, Peters & Revnew Lawfacts, January 2012
- The Expanding Frontier in Employment Law: Novel Retaliation Cases Find a Friend in the Supreme Court, The Federal Lawyer, October 2011
- Major Changes to Child Labor Laws Effective July 19th, Seaton, Peters & Revnew Lawfacts, July 2010
- Recent Changes to Minnesota’s Prevailing Wage Law, Minnesota State Bar Association, Hearsay, February 2008
- Legislature Creates Private Lawsuit under Prevailing Wage Statute: Unions Immediately Begin Targeting Contractors, Seaton, Peters & Revnew Lawfacts, January 2008
- Reductions-in-Force: Multiple Risks Await the Unwary Employer Who Offers an Age Discrimination Release without Careful Planning, Seaton, Peters & Revnew Lawfacts, November 2006
- Regular Contributor to the Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section Monthly Update (8th Circuit), 2010-2014
Corie is licensed to practice law in the following:
State of Wisconsin
State of Minnesota
State of Iowa
University of Tulsa College of Law, J.D.
University of Iowa, B.A.
Professional and Community Involvement
Minnesota State Bar Association
Wisconsin State Bar Association
Iowa State Bar Association
Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section – past Chair
Civil Air Patrol – Minnesota Wing Legal Officer
Volunteer Mediator for the Minnesota Department of Human Rights
Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice
Honors and Distinctions
2015 SuperLawyers Rising Star, Labor & Employment Law
Recipient of the Federal Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Author of the Year award for 2013.
Hobbies and Interests
Disc golf, hiking, camping, off-roading in her Jeep, aviation